ROY G BIV Gallery for Emerging Artists is currently seeking work for THIS IS NOW, our 6th exhibition in partnership with the Columbus Metropolitan Library’s Carnegie Gallery at Main Library. The exhibition will take place from May 11–June 24, and will be juried by Mabi Ponce de León, April Sunami and Marshall Shorts.
THIS IS NOW is an exhibition exploring issues of identity in 2017. In recent years, we have seen an expanding number of ways to identify each other and ourselves. Sometimes this has a positive effect: people can draw power from declaring an identity, and use it to create a sense of solidarity and form strong communities; other times these identities divide people into warring tribes, or are imposed on one group by another as a form of aggression. These multiplying categories can also be insufficient, as many people still find themselves outside of them, rarely can any one category describe the full complexities of an individual.
What is your relationship to identity? Are you a proud member of a group? Are you forging your own identity on new ground? Are you suspicious of the idea of categories and how they divide us? All of the above? Something else? ROY G BIV Gallery is looking for work addressing identity, from artists of diverse races, genders, sexualities, religions, cultures, nationalities, ages and classes.
- 1 – Fill out the THIS IS NOW submission form
- 2 –Submit the $20 entry fee through PayPal (Entry fee is waived for current ROY members, visit our membership page)
- 3 – Email up to 5 images or videos, your resume, list of works and artist’s statement to email@example.com. Submission guidelines are below. Submission deadline: February 27
FINE PRINT AND ELIGIBILITY
The exhibition is open to 2-D and 3-D works, ready to hang, and suitable for public viewing. Two-dimensional work size constraints are 6′ x 6′ and no more than 50 lbs. Three-dimensional work must be able to travel up stairs if larger than 4′x4′x4′. Installation submission accepted upon artists understanding of security issues. Video equipment must be provided by the artist. Artist is responsible for transportation of all artwork to and from the Carnegie Gallery.
Any works previously exhibited with ROY G BIV may not be submitted for exhibition in future shows with the organization.
All artists will be notified via email upon selection. Selected artists will be required to sign an exhibition agreement and publicity release. The Carnegie Gallery has a sales commission of 30% on works sold.
All artists accepted for the exhibition will be extended a complimentary ROY G BIV membership for one year from show opening. Please visit http://roygbivgallery.org/donate-and-membership/ for more information on membership opportunities.
Email up to 5 total works, your resume, artist’s statement and list of works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • File names: Use only a number (e.g., 01.jpg). Please do not embed your name on any images.
- • File format: JPEG or PNG
- • File dimensions: No larger than 1920 pixels on longest dimension
- • 1 detail shot may also be included.
- • For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs in your list of works.
- • It is not necessary to remove your name from your account or videos.
- • Please make videos open to the public. Private videos will not be reviewed.
- • The first 2 minutes of each video will be reviewed.
Resume, Artist’s Statement and List of Works:
- • File names: Please include your name on your resume. Do not include your name on your artist’s statement or list of works.
- • File formats: PDF or DOC
- • List of works should include the following for each work:
- • File name (e.g., 01.jpg)
- • Title
- • Year of completion (Work must have been created within the past 2 years)
- • Medium
- • Dimensions
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 27