EXTENDED DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2016
ROY G BIV Gallery is now accepting submissions for New School 2, a juried exhibition for undergraduate students. This exhibition aims to showcase innovative student work and connect student artists from different schools. Jurors Marisa Espe, David Butler and Maria DiFranco will select the exhibiting artists. Entries are open to any artist currently enrolled in an undergraduate program. The selected artists’ work will be exhibited from September 19–October 7, 2016, at the Pearl Conard Art Gallery.
ABOUT THE JURORS
- Marisa Espe is an educator at the Wexner Center for the Arts and a founding member of MINT Collective. Recent independently curated exhibitions include NSATSAT&A at MINT (Columbus, 2015) and demaster at Satellite Contemporary (Las Vegas, 2016). Espe is also a contributor for Refigural, a quarterly digital magazine on fashion, beauty and art.
- David Butler is an artist and the Education and Outreach Coordinator at the Pizzuti Collection. Butler’s paintings refer to social issues, pop and mass culture. Along with his visual arts background, Butler has maintained ten-year career as an educator, illustrator, and mural painter.
- Maria DiFranco is an artist and Graduate Teaching Associate for The Ohio State University. DiFranco’s work incorporates printmaking, drawing, sewing and painting. She has exhibited at Purdue University, Wheaton College, ROY G BIV Gallery and Columbus College of Art & Design. She earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Printmaking from the Rhode Island School of Design.
To be considered, artists must:
- 1 – Complete the submission form below.
- 2 – Submit a $5 entry fee per piece through PayPal.
- (Entry fee is waived for current ROY members. Students qualify for a reduced membership at $25 (the price of entering 5 pieces). A student membership waives all entry fees for the year and comes with comes other benefits. Learn more here.)
- 3 – Email 1–5 images/video links, a list of works and artist’s statement to email@example.com.
Submission guidelines are included below.
Email 1–5 photos/video links, artist’s statement and list of works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • File names: Name file with only a number (e.g., 01.jpg)
- • File format: JPEG or PNG
- • File size: No larger than 2 MB per image
- • 1 detail shot may also be included.
- • Please do not embed your name on any images.
- • For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs via email.
- • It is not necessary to remove your name from your account or videos.
- • The first 2 minutes of each video will be reviewed.
- • If accepted, video artists must supply their own technical equipment (e.g. projectors, monitors, DVD players).
Artist’s Statement and List of Works:
- • File names: Please do not include name
- • File formats: PDF or DOC
- • List of Works should include the following for each work:
- • File name (e.g., 01.jpg) or video URL (e.g., https://www.youtube.com…)
- • Title
- • Year of completion
- • Medium(s)
- • Dimensions
ELIGIBILITY AND FINE PRINT
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program. Students graduating in Spring 2016 are also eligible to apply. Entries are open to student artists anywhere who work in all types of materials, practices and styles. All work must have been created within the last two years.
The jurying process is anonymous. Aside from photos/videos, statement and list of works, no other materials will be taken into consideration. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
If work must be shipped, artist is responsible for packaging and shipping expenses.
- • July 15: Extended Deadline
- • Mid August: Notification of Acceptance
- • September 19–October 7: Exhibition Dates
- • October 7 from 6–9 pm: Closing Reception