ROY G BIV Gallery for Emerging Artists is now accepting submissions for ImageOHIO 17, a juried exhibition of the best photo, video and new media art. Artists anywhere are eligible to enter. Juror Drew Sawyer will select the exhibiting artists. The selected work will be exhibited from January 17 – February 24, 2017, at the Fort Hayes Shot Tower Gallery.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Drew Sawyer is the William J. and Sarah Ross Soter Associate Curator of Photography at the Columbus Museum of Art and the Art Editor at Document Journal. He received a Ph.D. in Art History and Archaeology from Columbia University and has previously held positions at The Museum of Modern Art, New York, the Guggenheim Museum, and the Chazen Museum of Art. His recent exhibitions include The Sun Placed in the Abyss (2016), Lucy Raven: Low Relief (2016), Zoe Leonard: Analogue (2015), From Bauhaus to Buenos Aires: Grete Stern and Horacio Coppola (2015), and Robert Heinecken: Object Matter (2014). He is currently organizing exhibitions and books on the work of the American artist and critic Allan Sekula and on postwar Soviet and Russian art.
- 1 – Fill out ImageOHIO 17 Submission Form.
- 2 – Email up to 5 images or videos along with your resume, artist’s statement and list of works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission guidelines are included below.
- 3 – Submit the $20 entry fee either through PayPal or by mailing a check to ROY G BIV Gallery.
(All entry fees are waived for current ROY members. To become a member, visit our membership page.)
Email up to 5 total works, your resume, artist’s statement and list of works to email@example.com.
- • File names: Use only a number (e.g., 01.jpg). Please do not embed your name on any images.
- • File format: JPEG or PNG
- • File dimensions: No larger than 1920 pixels on longest dimension
- • 1 detail shot may also be included.
- • For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs in your list of works.
- • It is not necessary to remove your name from your account or videos.
- • Please make videos open to the public. Private videos will not be reviewed.
- • The first 2 minutes of each video will be reviewed.
Resume, Artist’s Statement and List of Works:
- • File names: Please include your name on your resume. Do not include your name on your artist’s statement or list of works.
- • File formats: PDF or DOC
- • List of works should include the following for each work:
- • File name (e.g., 01.jpg)
- • Title
- • Year of completion (Work must have been created within the past 2 years)
- • Medium
- • Dimensions
ELIGIBILITY AND FINE PRINT
Only photography, video and new media art (defined as work involving the Internet, digital technology, computers, video games, robotics, augmented reality or biotechnology) will be considered. Submitted work must have been completed within the past two years.
Artist is responsible for transportation of all artwork to and from the Fort Hayes Shot Tower Gallery. If work must be shipped, artist is responsible for packaging and shipping expenses. The gallery has limited projectors, and accepted video pieces may be shown on a loop. Artists may need to supply their own TV or projector if they want to guarantee that their work will be shown continuously.
The jurying process is anonymous. The Juror will not view your resume. Aside from photos/videos, statement and list of works, no other materials will be taken into consideration. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- • Nov 1: Deadline for Entries
- • Dec 3: Notification of Acceptance
- • Jan 5, from 8 am–7 pm: Artwork Drop-off at the Fort Hayes Shot Tower Gallery (546 Jack Gibbs Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215)
- • Jan 27, from 7–9 pm: Opening Reception
- • Feb 24: Artist Panel Discussion/Artwork Pick-up