EXTENDED DEADLINE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2014
ROY G BIV Gallery for Emerging Artists is now accepting submissions for ImageOHIO 15, a statewide, juried exhibition of the best photographic, video and new media art in Ohio. Juror Benjamin Montague (Assistant Professor in Photography at Wright State University) will select the exhibiting artists. Entries are limited to artists living in Ohio or from Ohio. The selected artists’ work will be exhibited from January 20 – February 20, 2015, at the Fort Hayes Shot Tower Gallery.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Benjamin Montague is an Associate Professor in Photography at Wright State University. He received his MFA from the University of Delaware in 2003 and his BA from Marlboro College in 1993. Montague has exhibited his work widely and is currently represented by Chiaroscuro Contemporary Art in Santa Fe, NM, as well as Works on Paper Gallery in Philadelphia, PA. He has won several grants, including an Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award in 2007. His work is included in the collections of the Columbus Museum of Art and the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe.
To be considered, artists must:
- 1 – Complete the submission form below.
- 2 – Submit the $20 entry fee through PayPal.
(Entry fee is waived for ROY members. To become a member, visit our membership page.)
- 3 – Email up to 5 images or videos along with your resume, list of works and artist’s statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission guidelines are included below.
Email up to 5 total works, your resume, list of works and artist’s statement to email@example.com.
- • File names: Use only a number (e.g., 01.jpg). Please do not embed your name on any images.
- • File format: JPEG or PNG
- • File dimensions: No larger than 1920 pixels on longest dimension
- • 1 detail shot may also be included.
- • For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs via email.
- • It is not necessary to remove your name from your account or videos.
- • The first 2 minutes of each video will be reviewed.
Resume, List of Works and Artist’s Statement:
- • File names: Please include your name on your resume. Do not include your name on your list of works or artist’s statement.
- • File formats: PDF or DOC
- • List of works should include the following for each work:
- • File name (e.g., 01.jpg)
- • Title
- • Year of completion
- • Dimensions (if applicable)
- • Medium for each work included in submission.
Entries are limited to artists living in Ohio or from Ohio. Only photography, video and new media art (defined as work involving the Internet, digital technology, computers, video games, robotics, augmented reality or biotechnology) will be considered. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- • November 3: Extended Deadline
- • November 26–30: Notification of Acceptance
- • January 7, from 9 am–7 pm: Artwork Drop-off at the Fort Hayes Shot Tower Gallery (546 Jack Gibbs Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215)
- • January 23, from 7–9 pm: Opening Reception
- • February 20, from 1–2 pm: Artist Panel Discussion
- • February 20, from 2–7 pm: Artwork Pick-up