Jurors Tyler Cann, Dennis Harrington and Hope Ginsburg will select the exhibiting artists. Each selected artist will be given a solo exhibition in one of ROY’s galleries for one month. Group show proposals will also be accepted. ROY G BIV Gallery is a nonprofit art gallery located in the Short North Arts District of Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1989, ROY G BIV Gallery is known for presenting innovative contemporary art by emerging artists from around the world.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: TUESDAY, AUGUST 2, 2016
ABOUT THE JURORS
- Tyler Cann is Curator of Contemporary Art at the Columbus Museum of Art, where he has organized several exhibitions including In __ We Trust: Art and Money. Prior to that, he was a curator at Ikon Gallery in Birmingham, England, and at Govett-Brewster Art Gallery in New Plymouth, New Zealand. Cann completed his undergraduate studies in art history at the University of California, Berkeley and continued as a PhD candidate in the department of History of Art + Architecture at Harvard University.
- Dennis Harrington is Director of the Weston Art Gallery in Cincinnati, Ohio. Prior to his appointment as Director in 1998, he served as the Weston’s exhibition preparator/designer. He earned a BFA in Painting and Printmaking from Virginia Commonwealth University and an MFA in Painting and Drawing from the University of Cincinnati-College of Design, Art & Architecture.
- Hope Ginsburg is an artist and Associate Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts. Using video, photography, installation and object making, Ginsburg makes live work situated within or just at the edge of what can be considered everyday life. She has exhibited nationally and internationally at venues such as MoMA PS1, MASS MoCA, Wexner Center for the Arts, Kunst-Werke Berlin, Contemporary Art Center Vilnius, Baltimore Museum of Art and SculptureCenter.
- 1 – Fill out the entry form.
- 2 – Email 10–15 images or video links, your resume, list of works and artist’s statement to email@example.com.
Submission guidelines are included below.
- 3 – Submit the $25 entry fee either through PayPal or by mailing a check to ROY G BIV Gallery.
(All entry fees are waived for current ROY members. To become a member, visit our membership page.)
- • File names: Use only a number (e.g., 01.jpg). Please do not embed your name in any images.
- • File format: JPEG or PNG
- • File size: No larger than 1.5 MB per photo
- • Detail and installation photos may be included in the 15 images.
- • For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs in your List of Works.
- • It is not necessary to remove your name from your account or videos.
- • Please make videos open to the public. Private videos will not be reviewed.
- • The first minute of each video will be reviewed.
RESUME, ARTIST’S STATEMENT AND LIST OF WORKS
- • File names: Please include your name on your Resume but leave your List of Works and Artist’s Statement anonymous.
- • File formats: PDF or DOC
- • List of Works should include the following for each work:
- • File name (e.g., 01.jpg) or video URL (e.g., https://www.youtube.com…)
- • Title
- • Year of completion
- • Medium(s)
- • Dimensions
ELIGIBILITY AND FINE PRINT
ROY’s 2017 Call for Entries is open to emerging artists working in all mediums and styles. This competition is open to artists of all ages and from anywhere. Artists who have current gallery representation are discouraged from applying, and artists who have had solo exhibitions at ROY G BIV Gallery in the past two seasons (2015–2016) cannot apply.
The jurying process is anonymous. Jurors will not view your resume. Aside from photos/videos, statement and list of works, no other materials will be taken into consideration. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Jurors select the artist, not the work. Accepted artists are encouraged to exhibit new work.
If accepted, artist will be assigned a month for exhibition in 2017. Artist is responsible for transportation of all artwork to and from ROY G BIV Gallery. If work must be shipped, artist is responsible for packaging and shipping expenses. While ROY staff provides installation assistance, exhibiting artists are responsible for installing their work.
Artists will be notified of their acceptance in mid September.