4:37 pm, October 23, 2016 in Blog by Ken Aschliman
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2016
ROY G BIV Gallery members are invited to submit work for the December – January Small Works Exhibition. Any current, new or renewing member is eligible to enter their work. See submission details below:
All ROY members are guaranteed at least 1 piece in the show. (Become a member here.) To enter Small Works, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- • Photos of 1–3 pieces. At least 1 piece is guaranteed inclusion.
- • Title, medium and price for each piece
- • Your name, mailing address and phone number
ALL PIECES MUST BE
- • 12″ x 12″ x 12″ or smaller (This includes the frame.)
- • Priced under $500 (ROY G BIV Gallery takes a 35% commission on all works sold. Please price accordingly.)
- • Ready to hang. Pedestals for 3-d work are also available.
- • Labelled on the back with your name, title and price
Also, member artists may bring 5 additional small works to sell at the $10 art table. No jurying necessary.
- • Nov 21 at midnight: Submission Deadline
- • Nov 23: Notification of Selected Works
- • Nov 28 and 29, from 6–9 pm: Artwork Drop-off at ROY G BIV Gallery
- • Dec 3, from 7–10 pm: Opening Reception
- • Jan 28 and 29, from 1–6 pm: Artwork Pick-up at ROY G BIV Gallery
2:56 pm, October 8, 2016 in Blog, Call For Entries, Workshops by Ken Aschliman
Sunday, October 23, from 10 am–1 pm
On Sunday, October 23, ROY will have 8 local gallery directors on hand to critique your artwork. Artists must register in advance for 15-minute, one-on-one critiques. This event is a great way to network with art professionals and get feedback and suggestions on your work. Snacks and coffee will be provided.
Blake Turner – The Shed - Spots available (6)
- • JPG of current work
- • Your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices for reviewers
- • Link to your personal website (encouraged)
Artists will be paired with reviewers that fit their style and media, and preference will be given to artists’ choices. Space is limited, so critique slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. ROY members will be partnered with up to 3 reviewers. Non-members will be partnered with 1 reviewer.